This is a quick and easy recipe loaded with vegetables and protein-packed chicken, leaving behind the carbs of regular pasta.
For this recipe, I decided to take a shortcut in order to reduce cook time. Instead of using fresh chicken breasts and cooking them, I purchased a cooked whole chicken at the market. I also used the pre-shredded brussels sprouts as they did not have any whole sprouts, which is another good option if you are not great with your knife work yet.
Zoodles are a great sub for high-carb, high-calorie pastas if you are eating for dinner and are not running any marathons afterwards. You can use a peeler to cut them into long thin strips (like here), or if you prefer a more spaghetti shaped zoodle, you can buy a julienne peeler, or a mandolin with a julienne attachment that will cut into that shape for you.
Here's what you need: (as with all my recipes, adjust as you want. Add and subtract ingredients based on your preferences)
1. Prep: Dice the garlic, onion, tomato, bell pepper, and brussels (already shredded here).
Use the peeler to make zoodles - peel the skin in long strokes that extend the length of the zucchini. Stop when you hit the seeds.
2. Heat: Put the oil in the sautee pan and heat. Also put the pot of water on to get the water towards boiling.
3. Sautee vegetables: When the oil is hot, start with the onions and garlic. About a minute later add the peppers and the brussels another minute later and then finally add the tomatoes.
4. Zoodles: After the tomatoes are in, and the pot comes to a boil, add the zoodles to the boiling water and reduce heat. Only leave in for 1-2 minutes, or the zucchini will get mushy.
5. Cut the chicken breasts and half of the avocado into strips.
6. Drain the zoodles.
7. Plate the zoodles into a birds nest, add the sauteed vegetables in the middle of the nest. Place the sliced chicken on top and then the avocado.
8. Pair with a nice side salad.
I hope that you get a chance to give this recipe a try. Remember, in your kitchen you can create anything you would like. Use this recipe as a template and if you want, add or subtract things you like or dislike. If you like a recipe, play around with the ingredients and amounts and make it yours! I’m only a call or email away to assist you in all things fitness.
Dedicated To Making Healthy Your Habit!
Fitness Boot Camps
Marina del Rey Boot Camp I Venice Boot Camp I Santa Monica Boot Camp I West LA Boot Camp I Mar Vista Boot Camp I Playa del Rey Boot Camp I Playa Vista Boot Camp I Culver City Boot Camp I San Francisco Boot Camp
Marina del Rey Trainer I Venice Trainer I Santa Monica Trainer I West LA Trainer I Mar Vista Trainer I Playa del Rey Trainer I Playa Vista Trainer I Culver City Trainer I San Francisco Trainer
Fitness Training Programs
Marina del Rey Training I Venice Training I Santa Monica Training I West LA Training I Mar Vista Training I Playa del Rey Training I Playa Vista Training I Culver City Training I San Francisco Training